Metal Star Ornaments (but you can use paper mache too)
Ivory Spray Paint
Clear Adhesive Spray
Vintage Sheet Music
Silver Glass Glitter
Glue for Glitter
Hot Glue Gun
Lace or Ribbon Pieces
1. Spray paint front and back of ornaments – letting dry between each coat.
2. Use spray glue and coat both sides evenly then dip into mica snowflakes. Shake off extra and let dry.
3. Cut 2 strips of vintage sheet approximately 1 ½” wide by length of sheet, tearing 1 side. Accordion fold the stripe of paper approximately ¼” wide for the folds. Repeat with the 2nd strip. 4. Punch a circle of paper. Glue ends of each strip and then forming into pleated circle with torn edge to the outside. Add glue to the punched circle and glue on back to hold in place.
5. Punch Christmas images out – add Stickles – let dry. Once dry edge image circle with glitter glue and add Silver Glass Glitter to edges. Then glue to the front of pleated circle.
6. Use E6000 to glue pleated circle to ornament – let dry.
7. Finish by adding vintage pieces of lace or ribbon. This is a great way to use small remnants.
I have so enjoyed creating this Christmas Ornament Tutorial and I hope you enjoyed it too. Look for more inspiring holiday tutorials.
Have a creative day, Sheila.