Arondack alcohol ink (assorted dark colors)
Scrapbook paper ( I used Pink paislee Eclipse)
Design-Ables Self-stick clear Matte paper
Distress ink and blending tool
Plexiglas- you can buy this at Lowes in a Varity of sizes, they will even cut it for you, or find it here.
1. Plexiglas will come with protected cover. Leave this on for now. Mark glass with permanent marker for where you want hanging holes. Place glass over wood or something similar that is ok to drill into. Using firm-Not hard- pressure slowly begin to drill hole. Repeat.
2. Lay glass over paper in desired spot and trace around. Cut.
3.Ink edges of paper.
4. Peel off protective cover on glass. Cut four strips of foil tape to fit edges of glass. Using bone folder and ruler crease each tape to width you want to show on front.
5. Lay glass on top of paper. Apply tape to edge, then wrap around to back and apply on top of paper. Burnish tape with bone folder. Finish covering back with foil tape if desired.
6. Take several different shades of dark alcohol ink and apply to felt pad and blending tool. Dap foil until you have a mottled, aged look. Let dry.
7. Use Stazon Ink and Halloween stamps. Stamp directly onto front of glass. Let dry.
8. Print desired image onto Design-ables self-stick paper.
9. Peel backing off one corner and apply to glass. Using bone folder or another edge slowly peel and burnish image onto glass.
10.Poke holes into paper .Add wire or ribbon to holes. Gems, buttons, and other embellishments could also be added to sign using Inkssential Glossy accents.
How spooky would this look hanging in a window or in front of a mirror! I hope you give this tutorial a try! Its lots of fun. Help us spread the spookyness and grab our blog button for your blog. ~Brandy