Hello Everyone! It's time for another little tutorial. Today I'll be showing you how to do quick and easy flower picks that can be added to Mother's Day gifts. This is really a quick, inexpensive, and easy little project that even your little ones can help out with. So let's get started.
* Bird shaped wood pieces (or any other shape you would like) - I get these at Michael's
* Wood sticks - I get these at Michael's
* Craft Knife or scissors
* Glue - I used Aleene's fast drying tacky glue - I get this at Walmart or Michael's
Glue your bird shape to your scrap pieces of paper on one side. Make sure all paper is stuck down good and smoothed out to get any air bubbles out. Let dry. You will then cut out (see step 2) and repeat Step 1 and 2 on the other side. The photo above shows the second side being glued to the scrap vintage wallpaper.
Cut out the birds with a craft knife or pair of sharp scissors. Please be sure an adult does this step. This step is not for children. The photo above shows the second side being cut out. The first side has already been done.
You can then clean up the edges of the bird with your craft knife or scissors. The photo above shows both sides done on the birds.
Now apply a dab of glue to the top of the stick and then adhere to the center bottom of the bird. Let dry.
Insert your spring bird picks into your flower arrangement or plant. They add a touch of whimsy to an already wonderful gift!
Some other ideas for your spring birds:
* picks for flower arrangements (as above)
* picks for your garden pots (these would only work for indoor plants as the paper is not weather proof)
* gift hang tags (leave off the sticks and punch a hole in the top, insert a ribbon, and tie on a gift bag)
* art accents (great embellishments for cards, scrapbook pages, collage art, etc)
Please be sure and show us what you create! Add it to the Joli Flickr group that can be found in the left sidebar.