First you will need:
1. Holiday themed scrapbook paper or wrapping paper would work too! I used 12x12 scrapbook paper.
2. Piece of cardboard, matboard, cereal box, etc. cut to the size you would like your finished piece.
3. Ribbon, strip of fabric, or string to tie your package decor.
4. Glue (glue stick or double sided tape adhesive)
Let's get started!
If you think the edges of the cardboard will show you can paint around the edges before you do the next step but this is optional and I did not paint mine. Now apply adhesive to your cardboard piece on each corner and along sides.
Now apply your scrapbook paper or wrapping paper to the cardboard. (If you are using wrapping paper you can cut a bit bigger than the cardboard and wrap around the edges or just wrap the entire piece of cardboard.) Then wrap your ribbon around like a package and tie in bow.
Hang on wall or prop up on an easel. I have mine hanging on an old door in my entry. Quick and easy and adds holiday cheer in a snap!
You could also:
1. do several and hang in a big space like over a sofa or down a hallway
2. display holiday photos and cards by pinning them to the paper covered cardboard
I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy holiday decorating idea!
Please don't forget to sign up for the wonderful giveaway posted here. It's a great give away!!! And I think we have one more tutorial next week. So please come back and visit.
Happy Holidays everyone and thanks so much for taking time to visit us at Joli Paquet. We hope we have inspired your Holiday crafting!